Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rufus Gets His Forever Home!

I figured this deserves a separate post.  I took Rufus out today to meet approved adopters, and he stayed.

I wasn't expecting to be so excited about him adopting out.  I know he wasn't my fit for a service dog, but we have grown so attached to him.  I/we have worked so much with him and played with him and was loved by him -- and now I couldn't be happier that he has found the absolutely perfect forever home.

I made it about 3 whole miles away from their house before I cried for a few minutes.  But then I felt good - I couldn't help but be happy!

We obviously are still looking for the right service dog for me, and I really hope to also continue to foster for ASR.  Although, just for the record - my cats don't echo that sentiment! ;)

I saw the equivalent of the happy dance by the cats today (kinda weird if you want my honest opinion) when I walked in the door.  They obviously knew because the scarediest cat of all scaredy cats was sitting nonchalantly in the dining room -- I haven't seen her in WEEKS unless I was pouring food in their dishes.

So it's quiet here tonight.  But I can rest easy knowing that Rufus is probably whining for attention in his new home -- and getting LOTS and LOTS of it!!!!!

New posts and pictures as the "Quest" continues!

Thanks again for everyone's support and love -- you have all made me feel so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment