Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ch..Ch..Ch...Changes

Ok - Murphy is out! :(   Apparently he was turned into a shelter against a breeder/owner agreement - so he went back to the breeder.  But after the initial evaluation - he turned out that he would have been too much dog for me anyway.  At least he has found his way back into the caring home of his dedicated breeder.  That is good news!

I'm still waiting to visit with Rufus and Georgia, they should be moved into the All Shepherd Rescue (ASR) system in Maryland soon.    ooohhh! I can't wait!!

Today, however was a very exciting day!!!!  We drove to Columbia to meet, Rosie!!  She has to be the absolutely most gorgeous Shepherd I have ever seen!!  Beautiful Red with Black coloring.  Stunning.  What was even better???? Her personality!  She was so sweet and lovable.  We hung around the shop where the Rescue was having an awareness showing for their program for about 1 1/2 hours.  (Hubby scored big points for being sooo patient) I got to walk around with Rosie, got a million puppy kisses, ruined her dinner by giving her WAY too many treats and observed her as she reacted to other people and her surroundings.

Very exciting....  She is definitely on the minimum side of my size requirements.  The poor dear was malnourished in the kennel that ASR rescued her from - so she has some fattening up to do.  Height-wise she is just barely there, but I'll get Aja's opinion when we can arrange another visit with the trainer.

Rosie was just the perfect lady.  She obviously was eager and happy to meet strangers - even kids, but not once did she pull forward to meet someone.  She was engaged in her surroundings, but if the people passed by without taking much notice, Rosie just sat happily at our sides -- tail a-wagging.  Now if someone approached, she stood up, wagged her tail and smiled --- but again, she didn't pull toward the people, just let them come to her.  And then charmed them to pieces!!

She needs leash manners, but is not a puller. (BONUS)  She just doesn't seem to know what to do or who to follow (if others are around).  I'm in love!!!  But I know I need to be objective --- which is why I'm relying entirely on Aja (the trainer) to be my objectivity.  Since we ALL know I have no will power and am a sucker for an adorable pet!

*Sigh* So the saga continues... ASR is working on getting Rufus and Georgia into Maryland so we can meet them - and we are trying to coordinate with Aja on her evaluation(s).

Gosh... I wonder what it's like to have patience???

I almost forgot! Here is a picture of Rosie and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment