Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting Excited....

I met Rufus tonight!!  He is so Golly-Gosh-Darn Cute!  Well, with a name like Rufus, what could you expect.  I posted his picture from the rescue sight a few posts back - but here is a picture we took of him and me tonight.


Isn't he just the most... everything?  He was a bit confused tonight with all the people there - the foster family, coordinators from the rescue group, new people to meet (that would be us) and another German Shepherd that seemed a little put off by the attention Rufus was getting.

He is living in York, PA with his foster family at the moment - and with any luck Aja (the trainer that will be working with me) will be able to talk with another trainer that met him yesterday and get a better feel for him.

He had so many positive traits - didn't startle, has a huge toy and treat drive, he even walked like a gentleman up and down the steps with you... no racing here! (whew!)  Not a big puller on the leash - which is huge considering he is no lightweight!  He needs a few reminders, but not enough to yank me off my feet. Yet! :)

I think he is THE ONE!  So just a short post tonight - I figured I've been keeping too quiet lately anyway and I just HAD to share our evening with everyone.

As soon as I get more information, I'll fill you in -- and hopefully he will be coming to his forever home SOON!  (it's not like I'm a very patient person..... )

No comments:

Post a Comment