Friday, September 3, 2010

Fundraising Plans

Even if I do work with Fido's for Freedom, there will still be some costs that need to be covered - more particularly gas (for traveling the 100+ miles to the facility).  Once I get placed with a dog, the placement fee is nominal.

However, even after getting accepted into the program (which hasn't happened yet) - there is a possibility I may not get placed with a dog for some time.  And depending on the situation, I may end up going the other route and obtaining an already trained dog.

With that said, I'm going to seriously pursue the fundraising route.  I need to work out some accounting processes so this can be registered as a non-profit fund which will allow donations to be tax-deductible.  Once that is done I can get to work.  And after I am placed with a dog - regardless of the route; all remaining funds that are collected will go to Fido's for Freedom.  That way, I know I'm financially covered and Fido's for Freedom will most likely end up with additional funds for their organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment